Chlorination & Maturation Pond Rehabilitation (Phase 3)
CLIENT: Buffalocity Metropolitan Municipality
LOCATION: Mdantsane, East London
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Professional Engineering and Project Management Services
- Civil Engineering Services (rising and gravity main sewer pipelines, earth retaining structures, earth dam, effluent pond refurbishment)
- Structural Engineering Services (reinforced concrete structures, including road and chlorine contact tank)
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Services (chlorination dosing equipment)
- Project Management & Consulting Engineering Services (including contract management and construction monitoring)
- Construct a new Chlorination Contact Tank (30 min ADWF & 15 min PWWF retention);
- Chlorination Dosing House
- Construct an emergency effluent pond to hold 6 hrs. ADWF storage (4Ml) together with a pump sump with two pumps, one stand-by and one duty pump that will the raw effluent back to the head of works.
- Re-route the existing Potsdam rising main to discharge along the eastern boundary wall of the primary maturation pond.
- Install pipework ranging from 710 mm HDPE pipe to 675mm Concrete pipe.
- Construction of a 300m long gravity sewer ranging from 355mm to 400mm uPVC Class 34 pipe.
- Extension of 168m of 200mm recycle pipeline to head of works.
- Construction of a sludge pond.
Project Value: R39,4 million
Category: Waste Water